Sunday 23 September 2007

Decisions . . . .


What do you do when you need to make a big decision? I am trying to make a decision right now. Or rather, I am in the process of being involved in a decision. I am not entirely sure how much say I will end up having to make in the decision. But, when the decision is made by someone else, I might have to make a response - yes or no!


Normally, I am good at decisions. I think fast. I move fast. I have moved on by the time the decision is made. Not this time. This one has been sitting over me like a blanket for a few days now - making me a bit grumpy along with it (well, more so than normal!)


But, there is one thing I do know. I know that God will guide me. In fact, I am searching for his guidance right now. I am looking for the words that he wants to send me. I am looking for His confirmation. I am in a strange place. I dont know what the outcome will be. That scares the pants off me but in equal measure it reassures me. Too often, I rely on 'my wisdom' and 'my knowledge' - the decision is easy, I know what needs to happen. This time is different - this time the rules are different and risks are a lot bigger and the consequences a lot steeper.


So - I am praying that God will steer me through these waters. A decision is going to have to be made . . . . but what will it be! Maybe I will explain more when the decision is finally made!


Also, look out for another post soon about confidence!

1 comment:

Wende Girton said...

Hello Spiritual,
I've never been on a blog before and I am cruising through a few of them for a class I am taking but read your post you just did a few moments ago.

I just wanted to encourage you to be patient. God will show you what is best. Seek Him through His Word. A God that created the universe and everything in it also cares about your decision, about your life, and whats best for you. Don't trust and rely on yourself, only in Him. He can be counted on.
The best question that I ask myself when I'm not sure and time is a factor is: Does it honor and bring glory to Him? Then step out of the boat and onto the water.
God Bless.